Six-week free online workshop series aims to help people manage health issues
Clackamas County will be offering a six-week free online workshop series on Living the Best of Your Life with Chronic Diseases.
A maximum of 12 people can take each course while using their own devices or computers equipped with a camera and audio on Zoom.
Workshop facilitators will provide techniques to help manage conditions during the 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. sessions on Tuesdays January 18 through February. 22. A welcome session is scheduled from 10 am to 11 am on January 11.
The workshop will cover how:
1. Use positive thinking, breathing and relaxation techniques.
2. Deal with depression, anger, fear and frustration.
3. Develop healthy eating habits and food choices.
4. Find the activity level that’s right for you.
5. Communicate effectively with others.
6. Manage medications and work with a healthcare team.
7. Think about solutions to challenges and obstacles.
8. Make weekly action plans.
9. Find out about pain management options.
Course participants receive a free “Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Disease” resource book to keep.