The Niagara Regional Police Service (NRPS) is proud to announce that they will be hosting the 2nd Annual NRPS Spring Food Drive.
The NRPS will partner with nine local food banks and 12 local grocery stores to help support the demand for food and donations in Niagara.
Food insecurity is often taken care of in the community during traditional holiday periods through collections and collections. It is, however, a year-round problem. COVID-19 has also been difficult for many people in our community. Many of the challenges related to COVID-19 have compounded the demand for groceries to support families in our Niagara communities.
The 2021 NRPS Spring Food Drive accepted donations of 20,274 books. in food and $13,354.30 in cash/gift cards.
The food drive is organized by officers from the Community Engagement Unit.
WHO: NRPS Community Engagement Officers, Chaplains, Auxiliary Officers and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Units will be on hand to greet members of the public and accept donations.
What: Food/cash donations. Please click the button below to see a list of the most wanted items supplied to us by our local food banks.
Shopping list for donations
When: From March 14, 2022 to March 18, 2022 (every day from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
Monday, March 14, 2022
- No frills – 1135 Thompson Road. – Fort Erie (support for the Salvation Army)
- Sobeys – 287 West Side Road. – Port Colborne (support for Port Cares)
Tuesday, March 15, 2022
- No Frills – 4961-863 King St. – Lincoln (Beamsville) (support for Community Care of West Niagara)
- Foodland – 239 St. Catharine St. – West Lincoln (Smithville) (support for West Lincoln Community Care)
- Supermarket – 361 South Service Rd. – Grimsby (supporting GBF Community Service)
Wednesday, March 16, 2022
- No Frills – 390 Lincoln St. East – Welland (support from Hope Centre)
- Zehrs – 821 Niagara Street – Welland (Hope Center support)
- Food Basics – 130 Hwy 20 East – Pelham (supporting Pelham Cares)
Thursday, March 17, 2022
- Superstore – 411 Louth St. – St. Catharines (support for Community Care)
- No Frills – 581 Lake St. – St. Catharines (Community Care Support)
Friday, March 18, 2022
- Zehrs – 6940 Morrison St. – Niagara Falls (support for Project Share)
- Food bases – 3770 Montrose Rd. – Niagara Falls (support for Project Share)
COVID-19 Conscious Event – All officers will stand outdoors, wear masks, physically distance where possible and have limited food handling.
Larger corporate donations can be arranged by contacting: Constable [email protected]
Please consider donating if you can.