Prove you know your headliners inside out by checking off today’s musical spirit powered by Spotify Heardle.
If you’re anything like us, you’ve been tormenting yourself for months with the spirit of the New York Times.
Described as “a respectful tribute to Wordle”, Heardle comes with a musical twist.
Here’s how to play the game as well as clues to the July 26th song and that all-important answer when you eventually give up.
—Spotify (@Spotify) July 12, 2022
How to play Heardle
Daily online gaming involves people trying to guess which song is playing by just hearing the intro.
Like Wordle, the goal is to get the melody right with as few guesses as possible.
Spotify recently acquired Heardle, telling fans it has a “new font” but “sounds just as good”.
The musical game also records the number of games you play, your winnings and win rate as well as your current and highest streak.
You can even click on the song and add it directly to your Spotify playlist if you like what you hear.
If you’re just starting the music trend or slowing down your streak, here are the songs you’ve been missing lately.
- Monday, July 18: “Island In The Sun” by Weezer
- Tuesday, July 19: “Lisztomania” by Phoenix
- Wednesday, July 20: “Paradise (By The Dashboard Light)” by Meatloaf
- Thursday, July 21: “Make Me Feel” by Janelle Monae
- Friday, July 22: “Joker And The Thief” by Wolfmother
- Saturday July 23: “Take Your Mama” by the Scissor Sisters
- Sunday July 24: “Interstate Love Song” by Stone Temple Pilots
- Monday, July 25: “The Bones” by Marren Morris
come on now it was too easy
– mac (@SANOSGF) June 7, 2022
Heardle July 26 tips
If the July 26 song turns out to be a bit of a headache for you, we’ve included some subtle tips to help you boost your memory without giving away the whole game.
- The song was released in 1982
- The track is listed under the Hard Rock/Post-Punk genres
- It is the second single from the British-American singer’s self-titled studio album.
- You might recognize him from the 1998 movie The Wedding Singer, the 2016 movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 as well as various TV series like Will & Grace, American Horror Story, Coronation Street and Hollyoaks.
Heardle July 26: Hey little sister, what have you done
If the first line of the song isn’t enough to jog your memory, it’s followed by:
Hey little sister, who’s the only one
Hey little sister, who’s your superman
Hey little sister, who is the one you want
What is Heardle’s answer for today: July 26?
If you dropped out of today’s game, we can save you the misery.
But those who are still trying to break the melody, look away now.
The July 26 Heardle is: “White Wedding Pt 1”. by Billy Idol
Play the game through the Heardle website.