United States: French Insider Podcast Episode 3: How French Companies Can Prepare to Do Business in the United States with Paula Clozel (Podcast)
To print this article, simply register or connect to Mondaq.com.
Understanding the nuances of American culture, society, economy and legal system is imperative for the success of any French company seeking to do business in the United States. From selecting the right location to verifying suppliers, hiring and retaining employees to budgeting, we re exploring the logistics of what foreign companies need to do before coming to the United States. United. Paula Clozel is the moderator of this conversation.
Paula Clozel is Plant Manager at Creapharm CS USA. Creapharm Clinical Supplies is a global logistics company that supports pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Paula is responsible for setting up the company’s US branch, including developing operations and hiring employees.
Valérie Demont is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group of Sheppard Mullin’s New York office and co-chair of Sheppard Mullin’s French Desk. Valérie focuses her practice on US and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, financial markets and securities offerings, and corporate governance issues. She has been involved in numerous mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures for companies and private equity funds in the United States, Europe and Asia. In particular, she regularly advises foreign companies in establishing and growing their operations in the United States.
Remember to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive each new episode straight to your podcast player each week.
If you liked this episode, please help spread the word about this podcast. You can listen in Apple podcasts, Amazon Music, Radio stitcher or Spotify. It helps other listeners find that show.
What we discussed in this episode
- Why did Creapharm decide to do business in the United States?
- How was Atlanta, Georgia chosen as the location for its logistics facility in the United States? What factors were taken into account in this choice?
- Why is it important for companies to learn from the mistakes and achievements of other French companies setting up in the United States?
- What steps has Creapharm taken to navigate legal complexities in the United States?
- What partners did Creapharm rely on to establish itself in the United States?
- How did Creapharm prepare for its establishment in the USA?
- What has been the key to Creapharm’s success in the United States?
- The budget process.
- Lessons Learned.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.
POPULAR POSTS ON: US Corporate / Commercial Law