Data collector (daily contract)
About the stitch
DOT was created as an NGO by a group of humanitarian experts from the diaspora. As an NGO, the co-founders of POINT realized the critical gaps between aid and the need to build community resilience. We at POINT believe that the best solutions to support people in crisis should come through a rapid transformation from rapid response to resilience method, as this approach in humanitarian operations is crucial for a community’s early efforts to recover. , recover and begin to use their capacity, starting with education and livelihoods in the early stages, ending with early recovery and rehabilitation in the later stages.
POINT works in many countries in close collaboration with civilians such as displaced persons, refugees, returnees and host communities, in addition to local initiatives, local NGOs and INGOs. For this, POINT has organized to hire all the experts, skills and tools necessary for POINT’s mandate in terms of resilience and organizational development. POINT always seeks to increase its geographical coverage areas around the world to reach the most vulnerable civil groups and work with them hand in hand for a better and sustainable life. POINT is registered in Sweden as a non-profit organization and has missions in Turkey, Iraq, Yemen and Syria.
Socially and economically stabilized civilian communities.
Purpose of the position
Carry out market mapping in collaboration with the MEAL department, and support the verification process during the beneficiary selection phase.
Pertaining to: MEAL Sn. Officer
- Collect data related to required project activities from direct management
- Assist Monitoring and Evaluation Department staff in verification processes and other field data collection activities related to project activities
- Perform any other task assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Adhere to all ad hoc organization policies and comply with administrative orders and disciplinary procedures in the event of violations.
- A commitment to abide by the zero-tolerance policy adopted by the organization Point in cases of sexual exploitation and abuse, and to report directly in the event of violations in this regard.
Skills & Experience
- At least one year of experience in humanitarian work in similar tasks and experience in project management is preferred.
- Previous experience in data collection and interviews
- Project life cycle experience.
- Highly organized and ability to characterize and solve problems
- Good knowledge of Arabic and English, read and written
- Familiarity with the use of Office programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Great skill in effective social communication
Be fully available to work on required working days
How to register