Updated Sunday, April 10, 2022 at 11:30 a.m.
Make the most of your week with our top 15 festivals, events and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, April 11 through Easter Sunday, April 17, 2022.
Easter is here and it brings with it a full slate of activities throughout the week, including the latest VR-powered journeys to outer space in The Infinite, a Tejano tribute to Selena in Discovery Green , a night of stargazing while sipping craft beer at the Blossom Hotel Houston, jaw-dropping comedy by Nigel Ng, and more.
Plus, Easter weekend brings plenty of family activities and brunch opportunities which you can find below.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, April 11 through Easter Sunday, April 17, 2022.
High 15 Festivals, Events and Things to Do This Week in Houston
- The Infinite Experience at Silver Street Studios | Every day (closed Tuesday) | Closing weekend – In its final week, this jaw-dropping VR experience sends visitors to the far reaches of space aboard the International Space Station, where they can learn about life as an astronaut and take in breathtaking views of Earth and the cosmos around us. $36 and up. Hours vary.
- Trixie & Katya live at the Hobby Center | monday april 11 – RuPaul’s Drag Race alums and hosts of the UNHhhh web series, Trixie Mattel and Katya collaborate for a concert-style show that delivers hilarious satire inspired by ’90s road trip comedies, including To Wong Foo, Priscilla queen of the desert, Crossroads, and more. $39.50 and up. 8 p.m.
- Dizzy and confused Film screening at Axelrad | Monday April 11 | No coverage – Attend an outdoor screening of Richard Linklater’s classic 1993 independent film, Dizzy and confused– which featured the debut of Matthew McConaughey – outdoors in Axelrad’s beer garden. 8 p.m.
- Billy Bob Thornton and the Boxmasters in concert at Main Street Crossing | Tuesday April 12 and Wednesday April 13 – Led by Oscar-winning actor Billy Bob Thornton, this Californian rock ‘n’ roll band hit the stage for back-to-back nights at Tomball days before the release of the band’s latest album, help me…i’m alive. $85 and up. 8 p.m.
- Comedian Nigel Ng at House of Blues | Thursday April 14 – House of Blues hosts Nigel Ng, known for his viral “Uncle Roger” video, who brings The Haiyaa World Tour downtown for a night of comedy. $35. 7 p.m.
- Negami and Amanda Solis at Discovery Green | Thursday April 14 | FREE – The Downtown Park Thursday Night Concert Series is back, and this week brings the twisted sounds of Houston-based Negami’s Tejano, joined by Amanda Solis, one of the city‘s first Selena tribute artists. city. 7 p.m.
- Men’s Final Four Truck Roll-In at Discovery Green | Friday April 15 | FREE – The interactive pop-up truck arrives in Houston to pass the torch of Men’s Final Four host city from New Orleans to Houston. Activities include basketball goals, Final Four trophy photo ops, giveaways, and more. Noon to 4 p.m.
- Lunar Evening: A Night Under the Stars at the Blossom Hotel Houston | friday april 15 – Head to the rooftop of this boutique hotel in the Medical Center for an evening stargazing with the Houston Astronomical Society, complete with beer tastings from True Anomaly Brewing and gourmet bites from the talented culinary staff of Blossom Hotel . $35. 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- America: 50th Anniversary Tour at the Miller Outdoor Theater | Friday April 15 | FREE – The Grammy-winning rock band is celebrating their 50th anniversary of success that includes songs like ‘A Horse with No Name’, ‘Lonely People’ and more, with a live performance at the Miller Outdoor. The seats on the lawn are open to the public; covered seats require a free ticket. 8 p.m.
- Lil Durk in concert at the Bayou Music Center | friday april 15 – On the release of the March 2022 release of his chart-topping studio album, 7220, the Chicago rapper goes through Downtown in support. $69 and up. 8 p.m.
- Umami Fest at Aveva Stadium | saturday april 16 – This umami-filled, Asian-inspired food festival and night market will thrill street food and merchandise vendors, performers, night market games and prizes, and entertainment. This year’s lineup of vendors includes Beard Papas, Mama’s Thai Lao, Migo Saigon Food Street, The Pho Fix, The Teahouse Tapioca and Tea, and more. Noon to 10 p.m.
- Love Street Music Fest at the Karbach Brewery | saturday april 16 – The Karbach Brewing Company’s Love Street Music Fest returns to the brewery’s biergarten, featuring live music from Mt. Joy, Living Colour, Nané and Moving Panoramas. $40 in advance; $45 at the door; free for children under 12. 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Houston Dynamo FC v Portland Timbers at PNC Stadium | saturday april 16 – Last year’s MLS Cup Final runners-up Portland Timbers arrive to take on the surging Dynamo in a Western Conference showdown. $16 and up. 5 p.m.
- Road to River Revival Music Fest at Market Square Park | Saturday April 16 | FREE – Powerhouse soul singer LaTasha Lee and Texas guitarist Aaron Stephens take the stage in downtown Market Square Park for the Road to River Revival concert series. 6:30 p.m.
- 7th Annual Easter Flying Saucer Hunt at Flying Saucer Downtown | Easter Sunday, April 17 | No coverage – Roam downtown around the flying saucer in a family scavenger hunt that hands out a grand prize of a $150 gift card, plus other Eureka Heights Brewing items and more. 1 p.m.
Many more things to do in Houston
- Easter Egg Hunts and Family Activities in Greater Houston | Friday to Sunday – Take your pick for a weekend of family Easter fun, including egg hunts, craft activities, petting zoos and more, at these Greater Houston destinations.
- Easter Sunday Brunches and Meal Specials in Greater Houston – If you’re looking for a great way to start your Easter Sunday, take a look at our picks for some of the best Easter brunches happening across town.
- Top concerts and live shows this week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars and personalities taking the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top games and sporting events this week – Expand select professional and college sports games, traveling sports competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top things for kids and families to do this week – Focus on the best option for families and juniors around Greater Houston.
- Current temporary museum exhibits and art installations in Greater Houston – Explore the latest installations and short-term exhibits at museums and venues around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More options on our calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum and Brewery passes
Discover more activities in Houston all year round
You can find more fun in our interactive events calendar and 365 weekend guides.
Make sure you subscribe to our free weekend guide email to get a roundup of great things to do this weekend in Houston delivered to your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also subscribe to our Daily update emails (sent by e-mail six days a week).